Sunday, April 15, 2007

Because I'm a genius kitty, I've got to make sure I keep on wearning new things so that I'll keep on being a genius. Here's me just finished surfing the innernets and having wearnt these new things.
So I'm shawing them with you all, so you can all be as genius as me!
So here goes.

  • A litter of kittens is called a kindle, and a group of cats is called a clowder.
  • A cat's IQ is only surpassed by that of monkeys and chimps in the world of animals.
  • Cats are the only animals that purr. They can purr at around 26 cycles per second, which is the same frequency as an idling diesel engine.
  • Purring doesn't necessarily mean a cat is happy. Sometimes cats will purr when they are scared or hurt.
  • A cat's nose pad is as unique as a human fingerprint. No two nose prints are identical.
  • Petting or stroking a cat has actually been proven to help in lowering one's blood pressure.
  • One way a cat shows s/he trusts you is by rolling over on his/her back.
  • A cat's hearing is much stronger and more sensitive than a dog's or a human's. Our hearing stops at 20 khz; a cat's at 65 khz.
  • Cats have 32 muscles in each ear and can turn their ear very quickly to catch noise. Much faster than a very alert watchdog.
  • A cat's sense of smell is about 14 times stronger than ours.
  • Cats have five toes on their front paws and four on their back paws. If a cat is polydactyl, s/he has extra toes.
  • Cats have over 100 vocals sounds, while dogs have only 10.
  • Cats drink liquid from the underside of their tongue, not from the top.
  • Cats use their whiskers to determine if the space they are entering is big enough for them.
  • To calm a frightened cat put your hand over his/her eyes and forehead or let him/her bury his/her head in your armpit.
  • Only about 80% of cats have the gene that allows them to respond to the effects of catnip. The other 20% are not affected by it.
  • Domestic cats are the only cats that can hold their tails vertically while they walk. Wild cats hold theirs horizontally or between their legs.
  • The only "natural" breed of domestic cat in America is the Main Coon.
  • Cats get an average of 16 hours of sleep per day.
Ok! Enough wearning for the day!
I'm going to take a nap now!


Also posted at the *NEW* Tuxedo Gang Hideout.

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Thank you Boy, I feel much smarter already. Even though I am not a genius like you! But I did think my IQ was higher than a monkey.

When I am scairt at the V-E-T's office, I always stick my head in my Mommie's armpit! It helps a lot.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Boy ... You ARE a genius! Will you do my taxes?
DMM

MaoMao said...

Wowie, such fascinating facties! Yeah, I knew I was smarter than a monkey, too, and I think my sister Dorydoo oughta be in Mensa or somethin' she's so smart. Maybe you and Dorydoo should join Mensa together!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Tara said...

I'm very impressed with your genius Boy, I learned a lot there!

Tara

LZ said...

Great info! I didn't know a lot of that stuff. Hmm...I guess I am more wild cat because I always carry my tail horizontally.

Chase

Skeezix the Cat said...

Monkeys eet thare poop,so I don't think thare smarter than me. Any idiut knows yoo don't eet yer poop.